The Scotland House is intended to care for vulnerable, valued participants and to provide support by helping them maintain a presence within their community and with their loved ones. The Scotland House supports participants in their desire to stay at home by offering person-centered care. Our experience staff meets with interested individuals to discuss their needs, sense of purpose and together develop achievable goals.
The Scotland House provides services for older adults age 60 years of age or older. Admission to The Scotland House is approved on a case-by-case basis. Potential Participants may qualify for services based on one or more of the following areas:
- Person lives alone or with caregiver(s). Supervision and care will preserve ability to remain at home.
- Person lives with a caregiver(s) who would benefit from daytime respite.
- Person is at risk of placement in residential care or nursing home.
- Physical and/or cognitive impairments.
- Behavior is compatible with a group care model and have the ability to contribute to a positive social atmosphere.
Are YOU or someone you know caring for a loved one at home? The Scotland House Adult Day Care is the answer for you! We are here to help, let us SHARE THE CARE!
Complete the Scotland House Participant Inquiry by clicking the link below and one of our staff members will contact you.
Start the Process
The Scotland House encourages participant/family to set-up a free, no obligation tour. If home visits seem more effective, we will begin with a home visit. Call or email us to set up your tour today! Our knowledgeable staff will provide you with information about our center.
Driving By? Stop in for a visit! The Scotland House loves visitors so please feel free to stop by anytime for a visit.
Please be aware that due to COVID-19 all tours must be scheduled ahead of time with the Scotland House Program Manager.
Begin Enrollment Process Now
Are you interested in The Scotland House services? Call 802-280-6080 or email email@example.com.
We encourage all inquiry’s to schedule a tour with our Program Manager, this tour can be done with or without potential participant. Enrollment packet will be given at time of tour. Or you can complete one of the following:
You may download and fill out the Pre-Enrollment Forms below..
Or you can request via email electronic forms that can be completed and submitted through StoriiCare.
If you have any problems or questions, please call for assistance.
Once Pre-Enrollment Forms have been completed and Scotland House receives all the requested medical records from the participants Primary Care Provider, our Program Manager will complete the final Enrollment Forms with families/caregivers/case manager.
There are multiple ways that The Scotland House Services can be paid. We make every effort to work with families of all income levels to ensure that our support is accessible to everyone. If you are in need of services, please contact The Scotland House directly for additional information regarding payment and eligibility.
Payment options include (information below is intended as a guide only):
- Private Pay – The Scotland House charges an all-inclusive rate of $21.00 per hour.
- Medicaid – Scotland House accepts VT Medicaid: LTC Medicaid and Moderate Needs.
- Other Options – Grants through Senior Solutions, American Parkinson’s Disease Association and Designated Agencies.
- Senior Solutions Dementia Grant – A small grant for those Vermonters suffering from Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia who meet requirements. The grants are typically $1,000-$1,500 / year and can be used to pay for Adult Day services.
- Senior Solutions Respite Grant – This grant is intended to offer respite opportunities for caregivers. Caregivers can use the grant to pay for Adult Day services.
- American Parkinson’s Disease Association (APDA) – Offers people suffering from Parkinson’s disease $500 annually to help cover cost for Adult Day services.
- Ottauquechee Health Foundation – Various grants available to those who meet requirements.
Make a Referral
It’s easy to make a referral to The Scotland House! Referrals can be done by calling, emailing or, complete the online form below and a Scotland House staff will contact you.